Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #3 O-Goshi, Armbar from Guard, Cross Collar Choke
Partner: Bauer

Bauer's making a resurgence at the gym and it's good to see him around again.  Was happy to work with him although we were forced to choke each other repeatedly.

I noticed that Conan taught each thing just a little differently or with different details than I gave the day before.  I think this is great because I know when I teach I usually will say some of the tips that helped me finally make a technique work and those things can be different for everyone.  Part of being an instructor is also being able to tailor your instruction to the best way the student learns.  So the more ways I hear a technique presented the more ways I can teach it to someone else.

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Conan, Jess, Jesus

Had some good rolls, my goals were to look for turtle and crucifix or Z-guard.  So while I was in full guard I worked my way to half and started controlling the collar to loop it under the leg.  I was able to complete the sweep with it twice although I had to work through Conan's cross face.  Try as I might I wasn't able to find a way to crucifix but was in turtle at one point trying to isolate the arm.  My partner tried so hard to prevent the crucifix that I was able to go for a regular back mount hook, which may be my go to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment