Friday, February 3, 2017

February 3rd 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Headlock Escape Bridge Over, Straight Footlock: Setup and Escape
Students: Craig, Ryal, Jesus, Jeff

Did a few extra partner warm-ups instead of circling up.  I had them do the standing guard break to sit-up, the armbar drill, and then some sitouts.  When I taught the ankle footlock, I also had them attempt it from the standing guard break and made sure to mention the points from yesterday's post. 

Rolling: Guard
Rolled With: Everyone

Had them do a few rounds as partners before jumping in myself and doing an up/down/out with only 1 person getting some rest.  Jeff the new guy is doing pretty well, he has the common big guy tendencies of wanting to drive through someone's closed guard.  What's funny is that I've had a couple of people finish rolling with him and tell me that he's so strong, where in my opinion they've displayed similar tendencies. 

Office Hours Partner: Jeff

Jeff stayed after a bit so we could roll.  I caught him with some things and gave him some pointers.  Mostly about keeping arms and elbows in and respecting the cross collar grip.  I showed him the knee over pass because he got close to the position a couple of times. 

I often head to the YMCA after morning classes to get a shower before work.  Unfortunately their boiler was broken and they had no hot water.  I had a flashback of taking canteen showers in the field as a Marine. 

Ready for MMA class in a few hours.  Luckily went to bed early last night, but I'm not sure what to expect out of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment