Friday, February 17, 2017

February 17th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week# 2 Standing RNC Seio Nage Defense, Farside Armbar From Side Control, Scissor Sweep
Students: Craig, Jesus, Jeff

Got to teach today and had a good time as usual.  I added in a few things to the normal curriculum without trying to be overwhelming.  I did the farside armbar from knee on belly and also as a defense to the kimura from side control.  I think these were all similar enough that everyone picked up on it. 

I also showed the loop choke as Jesus was asking me about it the day before.  We did it from butterfly guard but I also showed that it could be a counter to when they drop their hips back during the scissor sweep.

Rolling: Side Control, Closed Guard
Rolled With: Everyone

We had enough time that we each got to roll with each other in top and bottom of both side control and full guard.  I was hunting for the techniques of the day but everyone seemed savy enough to avoid them, I'll have to be a little more sneaky in the future.  I did hit a scissor sweep but no farside armbars were to be had. 

For some reason the cross collar choke from guard has been presenting itself pretty often.  Not sure if I'm doing something different to make this more available.  I don't always get it but it does lead to other things like 2 on 1 or gift wrap when they try to prevent the choke.  Kudos to Craig for surprising me by transitioning from side control to full mount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment