Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 22nd 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #3 O-Goshi, Armbar from Guard, Cross Collar Choke
Partner: Dave

There was only me and Dave today so we were kind of free form and worked on some different things.  We started with O-Goshi and then I switched to working on morote seio nage.  Which got Dave working on drop seio nage and we gave him some pointers on that.  Jerad showed us some setups using a leg sweep motion to get them into position.

Then Dave asked to work on over/under pass and I gave all of the details that I could.  In the end he was doing it pretty well and we got over some initial bad habits.  I think if he repped it a couple 5 minute rounds he'd be hitting it on white belts consistently.

I then switched it to me and showed him my z-guard basics and taught that.  Jerad helped me with some of the problems I've been having with the takedown and keeping my head tight to their body as I hook it up.  I'm going to review Faria's DVD again and find some alternate solutions.

We rolled a round and I gave him some room to work.  He also saw the opportunity at one point to use the z-guard and he went for it and got Jerad to ring the bell for it.  Very cool thing to teach someone something and see them use it.  I could have used more rolling but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment