Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 14th 2017 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Collar Tie Snap Down: Front Headlock to Turtle, Guillotine, Jump to Guillotine
Partner: Josh J

Just me and Josh today and Mike had a tough time giving us coaching advice while we were rolling.  "Josh get an underhook" or "Josh, don't let him do that" usually I assumed that he was talking to Johnson. 

We worked mostly from standing with the snapdown.  I felt like I was doing pretty well while drilling the move.  We controlled the chin and the bicep and tried to snap them into the headlock position.  Once we started sparring from that position it seemed pretty easy for both of us to strip the chin grip off.  Sparring from the position was good for me and we had some good back and forth scrambles.  I'm shit at no gi takedowns and mostly jumped on guillotines when they presented themselves.  I think I just need to put myself out there a little more and try and fail and single and double legs, I just always feel like I'm too far away when I attempt them.

Josh wondered how we were good at remembering and recalling what occurred during rolls.  In the process of writing this blog I've gotten very good at making mental notes while rolling to talk about later in the blog.  Sometimes I struggle and can't even remember everyone that I rolled with during open mat.  I definitely remember my failures more than my successes unless it's something that I'm working on to improve specifically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment