Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #5 Double Leg, Mount: Cross Collar Choke, Upa
Partner: Matt

Probably a combination of the cold whether and too many cross collar chokes this week but my fingers were aching this morning.  Not much new in the technique portion of the class for me.  It was fun working on the double leg with Matt as he's a former wrestler so we went at a pretty good pace.

Rolling: Mount, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Matt, Jess, Jesus, Conan, Bauer

Attempted the collar choke several times but couldn't pull it off.  It didn't get me into trouble either.  I also attempted the upa when I could and hit it often or got an elbow escape.

Free rolled with Bauer and had to deal with his base when I was attempting to sweep.  His flexibility allows him to widen out quite a bit to prevent sweeps, although I am having more success than I have had in the past.  He's also good at smothering in half guard.

Conan took me apart pretty handily.  He's been working on tying up my hands with my lapels while in side control.  It is so frustrating to deal with.  I wasn't able to escape this time, but on our second roll we had about 20 seconds left and he gave me side control.  I went right to knee on belly and he turned away a bit so I went for a toupee lock and got him to tap right away.

Office Hours Partner: Bauer

Bauer wanted to start rolling from half guard bottom to work on it.  He was able to sweep the first time and hooked up a kimura later.  I was able to turn the tables most of the time but we had some good back and forth.

After rolling I showed some of my knee shield concepts and kimura from half with the butterfly hook and the spinning back take.

No comments:

Post a Comment