Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #8 Technical Stand-up, Closed Guard: Hip Bump Sweep, Kimura
Partner: Jess

For beginners I think this is the week where they get introduced to techniques that can flow into each other if the other fails.  I use kimura to hip bump quite often if they defend.

Rolling: Closed Guard
Rolled With: John, Jess, Dave

Rolling went good. I was able to hit a hip bump and did some cross guard from the bottom. From the top I went for a few standing guard breaks. Had to work hard to avoid open guards from John and Jess.  Dave prevented me from attempting a tozi pass.

Office Hours Partner: John, Jess

Worked with John on some deep half stuff that works for me.  Went over waiter and shin sweeps.

Jess asked to work on de la Riva which I'm not good at but helped him with the basic sweep.  We rolled a few times.  He had a good foot lock attempt that I was just barely able to squeak out of.  Once I got out I went for the back but ended up in side control. He was pretty gassed and I felt him give in a bit and pointed it by saying, "oh, he's giving up!" We discussed gassing out and working through it and the many times where I've been in situations where I wished the other guy would just hurry up and submit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment