Thursday, March 30, 2017

March 30th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #8 Technical Stand-up, Closed Guard: Hip Bump Sweep, Kimura
Partner: Bob, Jeff

We did the hip bump a little more dynamic by pulling out partners posture down and then following them up as they postured.

Gave a lot of pointers to Bob and Jeff on getting their hips in the right position to use their body more for the kimura.

Rolling: Closed Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Shane, Bob, Jeff

Had some good rolls.  Shane's guard is getting pretty difficult to pass and he's not doing too bad from the top either.  Jeff almost passed with the over/under pass that I showed him last week.

Bob and I had fun. I used the z-guard to sweep him and come to the top and said, "That's a sweep" to which he responded, "Nope, I was winning." So I asked him if he was a Trump supporter. Luckily he thought it was funny.

Office Hours Partner: Jeff

Went over over/under pass several times making sure he kept his hips down and head right to my thigh. I also showed him how I set it up from closed and open guard and no gi.


No comments:

Post a Comment