Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 8th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week #5 Double Leg, Mount: Cross Collar Choke, Upa
Partner: Jess, Dave

For some reason I was excited to work on double leg this week.  I'm always feeling better about this technique in practice but don't have too much success hitting it in sparring.  Mostly because I hardly do any takedown sparring but also because wrestling has always been difficult for me. 

Jerad had us do both the palm up way and his way for the cross collar. I have a lot more success with his way.  It feels right when I practice the palm up way, but I just can't seem to get the grips I want during rolling.

Rolling: Mount
Rolled With: Dave, Jerad

Rolled with Dave first from mount.  I attempted both techniques as often as I could and completed each a couple times. We discussed coming up to the armpits while on top to help isolate arms. He has such a great attitude.

Jerad whooped me from the bottom. It was odd but I couldn't keep him in mount today. The hip push was key, I don't think I have a good answer for that, yet.

Office Hours Partner: Jess

Jess and I had a good couple of rolls after class. I saw an opportunity for crucifix from turtle at one point, but he defended it well and pulled his arm way inside. I'm so intent on the crucifix but I should probably put my hook in for back control at that point.

Jerad gave some pointers to lift their shin to get them to base out on the arm that I want.  I drilled the crucifix a few times and I'm feeling better about the armbar from the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment