Friday, March 24, 2017

March 24th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week# 7 Seio Nage, Back Mount Lapel Choke, Guillotine from Guard
Students: Jess, Jeff, Max

Did some different warm-ups today.  Max is pretty new so I didn't want to do drilling.  I had us do some takedown fitins, grip fighting, and clinch work.  We had a lot of time to work on techniques so I added both the wing choke and we looked at bow and arrow. 

Looking back probably the tip I gave the most often was concerning the wrists and canting them out as you choke.  With the guillotine it was about moving the hips back enough to make space.

Rolling: Back Mount, Closed Guard
Rolled With: Everyone

Had some good rolls, Max is pretty green so after a few times of executing the technique of the day I helped him defend some stuff.  I had a conversation with Jess about this after class and how I usually deal with someone that is pretty new.  I'll usually go for what we worked on during class a couple of times, mostly to show that it works and for my benefit of practicing it.  If it's too easy I'll then help them defend what I'm doing and give some basic pointers.

The rest of the rolling was good.  Controlled Jeff from the back and worked on maintaining the back.  In guard with Jess I worked a little cross guard and 2 on 1.  When I was on top, my goal was to stay out of his spider guard, so I stayed kneeling and worked for pressure passes.

Office Hours Partner: Jeff, Jess

Went over the over/under pass for both of them and showed some details as they both worked on it with me a little previously.  Jess and I got a good roll in.  We ended up in turtle again and I tried for crucifix as I'm wanting to do.  While he was defending I was able to trap his arm as I went for back mount hook and setup the sliding lapel choke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment