Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13th 2017 - Gi Advanced

Theme & Techniques: Deep Half Waiter Sweep!
Partner: Henry

I'm on a bachelor's week with my wife and kids out of town for their spring break. I really miss advanced classes.

Greg has been teaching deep half lately and tonight was waiter sweep.  Henry sought me out to be his partner and said I might have some things to share.

A couple of small suggestions that make a difference are:

  • During the entry protect against the cross face until your head can get to their hip.
  • After that extending your arm to move under them instead of pulling them over you.
  • During the sweep direct your pressure toward their knee


Rolling: Half Guard KOTM
Rolled With: Henry, Ben, Adam, Greg, John, David, Jerad

Rolling was tough, everyone was dangerous and had a chance to sweep or pass. I had quite a few close battles. Unfortunately I didn't go for deep half very much, I was looking more for the z-guard, knee shield twist sweep, and loop choke.  I had some successes and some learning experiences.

I probably will keep most of the posts short this week as I need to get more rest than usual to do a couple classes a day. Oh and I swept Greg today, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment