Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2nd 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week# 4 Standing Headlock Escape to Tani Otoshi, Kneeling Guard Break, Single Under Pass
Students: Daniel, Jess, Jeff, Ben, Shane, Frank

I was the teacher today and had them drill for 3 minutes each again on a technique of their choice.  I had them each do it a few times before I started the time to make sure everyone had their technique correct and their partner knew what they were doing.  I think everyone got some good work in.

This is a rare week where I'm more excited about the self defense technique than the other stuff.  The single under pass is just not something I use that often along with the kneeling guard break, but they are important to know.  I showed the elbow push as a counter to the single under pass and everyone seemed to do well with it.

Rolling: Closed Guard Up/Down/Out
Rolled With: Everyone

Gotta give props to Shane today he was able to come up on a sweep when tried a long step pass.  His guard is getting pretty good and he's doing an especially good job of recovering. Otherwise had some good rolls and saw some good things when I wasn't rolling.  I did complete one single under pass and in the process I almost got caught by the elbow push escape.  Saw some good hand fighting from Ben and Jeff they both kept me working to get grips. 

Office Hours Partner: Shane, Jess

Shane asked about getting the overhook and people attempting the tozi pass on him every time.  I showed him he could go right for a collar grab to frame against their neck. 

With Jess, I drilled some z-guard for a while with a little resistance.  We also troubleshooted some problems he was having with the over/under pass.  We rolled and he did pretty well navigating my guard.  I attempted to attack crucifix but wasn't able to get his arm out before we changed positions.  We ran into a footlock battle where I was just a little quicker and in a better position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment