Friday, March 24, 2017

March 24th 2017 - MMA

Theme & Techniques: Thai Pad Combos
Partner: Mike

I don't have much experience holding pads especially the Thai variety. I felt bad for Mike as I had difficulty timing strikes and putting the pad in the right position.  I did get better toward the end.  It's pretty amazing when Henry and Nick do some.

We did some jabs into an elbow strike followed by knees and finally a round house.  Mike was good at pushing off after the knees.  I could improve my timing and distance control quite a bit.

Sparring: Simulated Matches, Stand-up Sparring
Sparred With: Clint, Mike, Cody

Cody and Mike did 2 rounds each with a couple opponents and I was Mike's 2nd round.  Unfortunately he wore MMA gloves and I wore 16 oz ones so when we hit the ground I couldn't do shit.

After that we did a few rounds.  I let loose a few times and tried some more dynamic kicks, but also had some moments of fatigue where I needed to guard up.




No comments:

Post a Comment