Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18th 2017 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Josh J, Ray, Bauer, Craig, Jerad
Game Plan: Conserve energy

Since I've been sick I tried to take it easy today although no one that I rolled with is an easy roll.  I just have some bad congestion now so it can be difficult to breathe.

Josh: Both he and Bauer pulled out things while we were rolling that I taught them recently.  Josh picked an opportune time while in my half guard to go to x-pass position, I wasn't expecting it and told him "good job!" but immediately saw an opportunity for a loop choke. Mike gave me shit for giving a compliment right before going into my own sub. We had a few other good rolls after that.

Ray: Had a few tough rolls with Ray. He gave me a lot of compliments afterward for my sleeve and collar gripping and my general ability to see moves ahead. He's still damn difficult to submit and can bring the pressure from the top.  I was happy to prevent some of the ankle lock stuff that he looked for that he's caught me with in the past.

Bauer: We rolled no gi and I definitely had a tougher time controlling him without grips. The underhook from half guard became more important.

Craig: Craig showed me a couple of things that he saw off of videos concerning side control and asked for help on NS choke. I had him do the choke to me and noticed that his elbow was off the floor. Generally I plant my elbow and move away from it to make the choke tighter. I also tend to wiggle back and forth to get their neck and chin in the right place.  Something that I didn't tell him that might have helped is that I don't squeeze until I'm in a very tight position.

Jerad: Did a no gi roll with Jerad although I was pretty well exhausted. Still did about my average. I got pretty far on top in half guard but my base wasn't solid at one point and he overwhelmed me with a sweep. The rest was trying​ to keep half guard but I don't remember what I tapped to.


No comments:

Post a Comment