Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3rd 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week# 4 Standing Headlock Escape to Tani Otoshi, Kneeling Guard Break, Single Under Pass
Partner: Bob, Craig, Jesus, Morgan

Conan skipped right to the guard break and he added in the double under and defending by moving the legs out and hooking their thighs.  I like that each of us present a few alternatives each class. 

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Bob, Jesus, Morgan

Had good rolls with everyone.  My main objective today from the bottom was to get to the z-guard and sweep and I accomplished it at least 3 times.  Bob was able to pass my guard today after a few sweeps.  Morgan had just transitioned into deep half when the round ended.  He just needed to keep his posture because he was letting his neck bend a little too much when he got under me.  Conan showed Bob some tips on defending my over/under pass.

Office Hours Partner: Morgan

Morgan drilled some de la riva with the help of Conan.  Conan was insisting that he grab the belt to do the overhead sweep and he made a pretty good case for it.  I drilled some armbars and chokes from crucifix, it was good to go with someone with longer arms.  I'm feeling better about my knee in to separate the arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment